Emily Windsor specialises in all aspects of property litigation, with particular emphasis on commercial property disputes and agriculture. She has extensive litigation experience at all levels and and in the past few years has appeared in cases concerning break clauses, development agreements, rectification, proprietary estoppel, rent review, nuisance, leasehold enfranchisement and agricultural holdings. Emily also has experience of personal and corporate insolvency litigation.
- Worcester College, Oxford: BA Jurisprudence (1993)
- Université Panthéon - Assas (Paris II): DSU European Law (1994). Rotary International Foundation Scholar.
- Gray's Inn Steen Scholarship
- Member of the Agricultural Law Association Committee 1997-1999
- Elected member of the Bar Council 2000-2005
- Chairman of the Young Barristers' Committee of the Bar Council 2002
- Elected member of the Chancery Bar Association Committee 2003-2006
- Member of the Bar Council's Bar Standards Board 2006-2010
- Chairman of the BSB's Diversity Committee 2007-2009
- Joint Vice-Chairman of the BSB's Education and Training Committee 2007-2013
- Chairman of Taxation Disciplinary Board Disciplinary Panels 2008-2010
- Deputy District Judge
- Ashdale Land and Property Co Ltd v Maioriello  2 EGLR 119
- Alford v Hannaford  EWCA Civ 1099
- National Westminster Bank plc v Hunter  EWHC 3170 (Ch)
- Rahamim v Reich  ChD (exemplary damages and debarring orders)
- Majorstake Ltd v Curtis  UKHL 10 (opposition to enfranchisement on redevelopment grounds and statutory construction).
- Hopper v Hopper  EWHC 228 (proprietary estoppel)
- Thomson v Church Commissioners for England  3 EGLR 1 (succession under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986)
- Faircare Investments Ltd v Earlrose Golf and Leisure Ltd  PLSCS 44 (registered title and agency)
- Shephard v Turner  2EGLR 73 (restrictive covenants)
- Monella v Pizza Express (Restaurants) Ltd  1 EGLR 43 (rent review)
- Owen v. Blathwayt  1 P&CR (grazing rights over common land)
- Yenula Properties Ltd v Naidu  3 EGLR 28 (service of notices and agency)
- State Bank of New South Wales v. Harrison  EWCA Civ 363 (courts' powers to stay orders for possession of mortgaged property)
- Blackburn v David Alston (Suffolk) Ltd  PLSCS 263 (restrictive covenants and estoppel)
- Essex Furniture plc v National Provident Institution  L&TR 3 (forfeiture by peaceable re-entry during tenant's insolvency)
- Scotch Whisky Association v Glen Kella Distillers (No.2) Times Law Reports April 1, 1997 (intellectual property and the European definition of "whisky")
- Harries v Barclays Bank plc  2 EGLR 15 (mortgages and milk quotas, the position of non-active quota holders and the European definition of "producer")
General Editor, Muir Watt & Moss: Agricultural Holdings, 15th edition, Sweet & Maxwell 2018.
Bullen & Leake & Jacob's Precedents of Pleadings (14th ed.) (Contributing Editor - Property Section)
- Woodfall Bulletin (Joint Editor)