Tenancy Application Privacy Notice
1. This notice applies to information supplied to us by applicants for a tenancy.
2. The Director of Chambers is responsible for deciding what is done with the information. The name and contact details of the Director of Chambers are on the Chambers website.
3. The purposes for which the information will be used and stored are considering the application, providing feedback on unsuccessful applications where appropriate, and diversity data statistics.
4. The legal bases for storing and using the information are that it is necessary for considering whether to admit the applicant as a tenant of Falcon Chambers on the contractual terms set out in the Chambers Constitution, and necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us, namely those identified in paragraph 3 above. The period for which the information will be stored will be the period needed to enable those purposes to be fulfilled.
5. The data will not be disclosed to third parties except insofar as needed to obtain references.
6. We use data processors such as IT and administrative service providers. They may process personal data on our behalf. This is done on a secure and confidential basis and is governed by contractual measures in accordance with data protection law.
7. Chambers may store the information on cloud storage services which use servers outside the EEA, but only if the EU-USA-Switzerland Privacy Shield scheme applies.
8. Individuals have certain rights in respect of information about them, including the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of the information or restriction of the use or storage of information concerning them or to object to the information being used or stored. They also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.