How to apply
Applications for pupillage must be made through the Pupillage Gateway, the Bar Council’s online pupillage application portal which can be accessed here. Applications open on Wednesday 3rd January 2024 and close at 11:59pm on Wednesday 7th February 2024.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate a high standard in each of the following areas:
- has an excellent academic track record;
- can think fast and clearly; absorb complex information rapidly; and identify essential points and possible solutions in a practical and pragmatic manner;
- is able to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing;
- is able to get on well with people from different backgrounds;
- is assertive when necessary, and is able to remain calm, objective and confident while working with complex material and against deadlines;
- is honest and reliable.
The timetable, which follows the Pupillage Gateway, is as follows:
3 January 2024 Applications window opens on Gateway
7 February 2024 Applications window closes on Gateway
Between 4th and 15th March 2024 First round interview
During w/c 15 April 2024. Second round interviews
10 May 2024 Notification of offers of pupillage
Our Pupillage Privacy Notice can be found here