Camilla’s practice encompasses a broad range of real property and landlord and tenant-related advice, litigation and ADR. Camilla has particular expertise in the following:
- Land registration, title / priority disputes, alteration and indemnities
- Restrictive covenants and easements
- Commercial landlord and tenant, including forfeiture claims, all aspects of renewal, break notices, dilapidations and rent review
- Mines and minerals
- Infrastructure / utilities
- Development disputes
- Property-related professional negligence in particular issues of overvalution, negligent transactional advice, and failed developments
- Proceedings under the Building Safety Act 2022
Camilla is on the B Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown and undertakes an array of work in the High Court for a variety of departments, together with HM Land Registry and HMRC. She has extensive experience with matters which have a public law aspect.
Camilla was a part-time consultant on the Law Commission’s project ‘Updating the Land Registration Act 2002’, involved in the development of the Bill and Report. Whilst at the Law Commission, Camilla focused on issues relating to first registration, registration of mines and minerals, leasehold interests, and appurtenant rights.
Recommended by Who's Who Legal in the UK Bar Real Estate - Juniors 2023 section.
- BA (Hons), (First Class) Exeter University (Classics with Arabic; two Dean’s Commendations and the Bertie Black Prize)
- MA (Distinction), Exeter University.
- Called 2008
- GDL, College of Law
- Winner of the Lincoln’s Inn Moot Hardwicke, Wolfson and accommodation scholarships, Lincoln’s Inn.
- EE Ltd v 100 NOX SARL  UKUT 130 (LC) application by operator for interim rights against unresponsive landowner, following service of defective notices.
- Walker v Official Receiver  EWHC 2868 (Ch) represented the OR in permission application under s.304 the Insolvency Act 1986 to bring a claim by a bankrupt for an alleged sale of development land at under value.
- Ricci v Urbina Park (HHJ Townsend, Bristol) summary judgment application concerning service of a break clause, prompting 54 act proceedings. Concerned whether or not date for service of a break notice was as a matter of construction to be calculated from commencement of term or date of lease and whether conditions precedent for service could be satisfied where bad faith alleged.
- Royal Parks Ltd v Bluebird Boats Ltd  EWHC 2278 (TCC) Acted for the successful Claimants (ultimately the Crown) in proceedings concerning the ownership of the boathouse in Hyde Park. The building had been constructed by the Defendant concession holder, who contended it was entitled to remove the structure because it had not become part of the land, alternatively pursuant to the terms of its concession, alternatively by virtue of an estoppel.
- Dhillon v Barclays Bank  EWCA Civ 619 Led by Mark Warwick QC. Considered exceptional circumstances for the purposes of paragraph 3(3) of Schedule 4 to the Land Registration Act 2002.
- Covent Garden Tenants’ Association Limited & Ors v Covent Garden Market Authority (2018-2020) (High Court, Business and Property) Led by Jonathan Karas QC, David Blundell QC. Impact of alleged breaches of public law duties on private law steps taken in the course of £2bn redevelopment of New Covent Garden Market, including termination of traders’ 54 Act tenancies.
- The Food Standards Agency v Dale Valley Rossendale Ltd (2019) (Leeds High Court, Admin Div) Led by Claire Darwin of Matrix Chambers. Whether or not certain EU-derived regulations, entitling the FSA to recover fees for undertaking inspections of abattoirs, create a statutory land charge.
- Lady Wackett v Docklock Limited  UKFTT 625 (PC) 4-day trial adverse possession claim to unregistered land concerning encroachments, acknowledgements, rights of way.
- Pacific Estates v OJ Residential & Ors (2019) dispute regarding inclusion of the lease of business premises in sale of D1’s assets. Title asserted on the basis of proprietary estoppel /constructive trust. Interim injunction and security for costs.
- Luwum v Royal Bank of Scotland Plc  EWHC 3994 (QB) extended civil restraint order made following long-running banking litigation
- Attorney General v Johnson  EWHC 979 (Admin) indefinite all proceedings order pursuant to s.42 Senior Courts Act 1981
- Neil v Henderson  EWHC 90 (Ch) Led by Romie Tager QC. Deployment of forged documents in court proceedings amounted to contempt.
- Greenridge Luton One Ltd v Kempton Investments Ltd  EWHC 91 Led by Mark Warwick QC. Misrepresentation in CPSEs inducing a contract for the sale of office block.
- Sugarman v CJS Investments Ltd  1 BCLC 1 Led by Mark Warwick QC before CA. Concerned construction of articles of association of a management company and whether they granted one vote per member or one vote per share.
- Bach v Davis  EWHC 4459 (QB) appeal concerning registration of a German judgment for the purposes of enforcement under Regulation 44/2001 and CPR Pt 74, and whether enforcement capable of being time-barred